AREA’s Long-term Plans and Strategies
The AREA Strategic Plan 2003-2005 is a revised version of Strategic Plan 2002-2006 which was developed after the successful completion of the first Strategic Plan 1997-2001. As with any long-term strategy, the Five-Year Strategic Plan developed in 2013 and it needed to be evaluated and reassessed in the course of its implementation, to ensure its incorporation with the requirements of the external environment considering the rapid political situation, Food security which is deterioration sharply in Afghanistan. In the current situation, only 5 percent of Afghans have enough to eat according to OCHA report.
Based on the facts and keeping the series of worse humanitarian situation in Afghanistan, AREA is working on to develop a Five-Year Strategic Plan for 2022-2027. This is a helpful tool and guide for the field management in more effective planning of the projects activities in the light of ground realities. The Strategic Plan will outline the following specific objectives for the years 2022-2027.
- To mobilize and organize humanitarian and emergency relief assistant to IDPs, Returnees and vulnerable people.
- To mobilize and organize communities and improve their attitudes for sound participation in the environment-friendly rehabilitation/Reconstruction and development initiatives;
- To introduce and promote alternative sources of energy with the aim of energy-saving and protecting the environment;
- To improve local governance and strengthening organizational skills for participation in the high level social, political, peace, and stability processes to secure the life and rights of human in the country; and,
- To address human rights, gender equality, respect for Islam, cultural and traditional values as cross-cutting issues.
- To save the lives and limbs and improve livelihood of the Afghan people, conducive to development interventions.
- To contribute to humanitarian mine action and to make the land safe from the threat of landmines /ERW and provision of safe land for development projects.
AREA’s Five Key Principles
Over the years, AREA has developed the following five key principles which now guide AREA’s all interventions in the aid and development arenas.
These guiding principles are